Dennis Washington is a live streaming expert who loves sharing his knowledge.
“I am an internet broadcaster. I teach people how to live stream as part of their content marketing and/or brand journalism strategies. I also speak at conferences on a variety of topics including social media marketing, leadership training, and meteorology.”
Dennis left television in June 2013 to start Cross Digital. The company helped entrepreneurs and businesses attach their hard-earned marketing budgets to high quality internet content.
“My goal was to produce high-quality, useful content that educates, informs, and entertains people – content that rises above the noise we often see on the internet.”
Dennis closed the company in 2016 and now works as a live streaming and brand journalism consultant.
Prior to starting Cross Digital, Dennis worked at FOX6 WBRC-TV in Birmingham for nearly 18 years as a meteorologist, storm chaser, photographer, award-winning journalist, and digital content director. During that time Dennis:
- managed production, curation, and distribution of more than 25,000 stories and videos per year on the station’s websites, apps, and social media accounts
- received several awards in 2003 from the American Red Cross for his work creating a fire safety training video for Hispanics
- broadcasted on the FOX News Channel and other FOX TV stations during Hurricane Katrina
- provided life-saving live coverage of several deadly tornado outbreaks
- designed and launched podcasts and live internet streaming for FOX6
Dennis is very involved in his family, church, and community. He and his wife, Stacy, have been married since 1997. They have twin daughters, Morgan and Katelyn, born in 2001.
Dennis is an Eagle Scout and a licensed Amateur Radio operator.